As a door to door charity fundraiser, you’ll visit potential donors at their home, asking them to support the charity campaign you are working on with a regular monthly direct debit donation.
Our Fundraisers are employed by Charity Link on permanent contracts, working on behalf of some of the UK’s most well-known charities. This role really does make a difference to those whom are supported by the campaign. You will be the public face of the charity. You’ll need to have excellent communication skills and a passion for interacting with the public.
Our commitment to quality and professionalism is unrivalled. A 3-day new-starter training programme is followed by 4 weeks in-field mentoring within a professional and well managed regional team environment ensuring that the best possible support is provided.
What we’re looking for
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to create a rapport in a face-to-face situation
- A positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- An effective, persuasive and engaging communicator who enjoys the outdoors!
- The desire to become a passionate advocate for the charity you represent
- A full driving licence and your own vehicle
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role such as Direct Sales, Customer Service or Field Sales is not essential
All our fundraisers are on permanent employment contracts, providing the security of regular income as well as fantastic benefits including health cash plan, death in service plan, shopping discounts and a personal pension. Our fundraisers are paid a basic wage, plus discretionary bonuses.
Fundraisers are entitled to 28 days annual leave which includes bank holiday allowance.
All uniform, materials and equipment are provided – including an electronic tablet device.
As our fundraisers engage with the public on a daily basis, we need to ensure we recruit the best people with the right skills, experience and background to support our ambitions. All Fundraisers must undergo a basic criminal record check prior to joining the team.
Charity Link is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
|Job Category||Dogs Trust|